You can never fail with hot chocolate, a nice read, and a cozy fireplace. Fall's approaching, and I decided on a new take for my original version of hot chocolate. Stivii was wonderful to gift me their made in Switzerland Chili Dark Chocolate with no added sugar. Because of this, my two favorite tastes- spicy and sweet- found their love in my creamy, chili hot chocolate.
Yield: 2 cups
2 cups milk
1- 3.5 oz bar Stivii Chili Dark Chocolate bar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Roughly chop the chocolate bar, and leave some to shave for garnish.
- In a saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of the milk on medium-high until warm.
- Add the chocolate and whisk to melt the chocolate chunks.
- Add the rest of the milk, cinnamon powder, and nutmeg.
- Heat until simmering, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chilled heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Ladle hot chocolate into two mugs, and top with fresh whipped cream.
- Garnish with leftover chocolate bar shavings, and a cinnamon stick.